Assign objects to layers in drawing export (old export)
You need to define which objects to export to certain layers in the exported DWG/DXF file. You can do this by using a selection filter for identifying the desired objects among all objects, and by creating a rule to export these objects to a certain layer.
Before creating the rule, first create the selection filter.
- Create a selection filter.
- On the File menu, click .
- In the Export Drawings dialog box, go to the Layer options tab, and click Setup.
Open an object group by clicking the plus sign next to the group name.
For example, click the plus sign next to Model Object.
Right-click a rule in the list and select
Add Next Level Rule.
For example, right-click Part.
Enter a name for the rule and select the selection filter that you created.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the row under the rule you just created and select the desired layer for it in the Select Layer dialog box.
Tekla Structures maps the selected layer to the rule.
- Save the created layer rule settings for later use by entering a name next to the Save as button and clicking Save as.
The order of rules is important. Organize the rules by right-clicking the rule, and selecting Move up or Move down. The objects are exported to the first matching layer. If there is no matching layer, the objects are exported as Other object type.