Update drawings when the model changes
Saved drawings need updating because of model changes. Cast-unit, assembly, single part and multidrawings use position numbers as identifiers. Many changes affect numbering, so many times renumbering is needed. Before updating drawings you need to ensure that the numbering is correct.
The drawings needing updates are indicated by flags in Document manager. Renumbering model objects after creating drawings may also generate flags.
- General arrangement drawings do not require model numbering to be updated. If you use part position numbers in part marks, you must number the model to get updated marks, because old and not up-to-date part marks have question marks in them. If you do not use numbering, you can modify general arrangement drawings without numbering. Then, for example, profile changes are highlighted with change symbols.
- When you update multidrawings, also the linked drawings are updated.
Do the following after changing the model:
- Check the numbering settings by going to the Drawings & reports tab and clicking .
- Select Compare to old for both the new and modified parts.
- Number all model objects that have same numbering series settings on the Drawings & reports tab by clicking , or number only new or modified model objects by clicking .
- Check the Document manager for status flags.
To find the parts that have been affected, select each drawing marked with the
flag in the
Document manager and click the
Select objects button.
Tekla Structures highlights the affected parts in the model.
Do the following:
Check the numbering history log for renumbered parts by going to the
File menu and clicking
Assemblyat the beginning of a line in the numbering history log indicates that Tekla Structures has renumbered parts or assemblies, as in the following example:
- To find the renumbered parts in the model, select the relevant entries from the numbering history log. Tekla Structures highlights the corresponding parts in the model.
- Check the numbering history log for renumbered parts by going to the File menu and clicking .
- Select the affected drawings from Document manager and click Update.
- If you have new parts in the model, create drawings for them.