Create load combinations automatically
You can have Tekla Structures automatically generate load combinations for an analysis model according to a building code.
Before you start, ensure that you have the appropriate load modeling code selected in.
- On the Analysis & design tab, click A&D models.
Analysis & Design Models dialog box:
- Select an analysis model.
- Click Load combinations.
- In the Load Combinations dialog box, click Generate.
Load Combination Generation dialog box:
If needed, check the load combination factors.
Click Options, and then do one of the following:
View the factors. Then click Cancel to close the dialog box.
Modify the factors. Then click OK to save the changes.
- Select the check boxes against the combinations you want to create.
- To automatically include the self-weight of parts in load combinations, select the Include self weight check box.
- (This step only applies to the Eurocode.) If needed, select the Minimum permanent load with lateral loads only check box. This reduces the amount of load combinations when only minimum permanent loading needs to be considered in lateral loading situations.
OK to create the load combinations.
If the analysis model has imperfection loads, Tekla Structures automatically creates load combinations with both the positive and negative directions (x and -x, or y and -y).
- If needed, check the load combination factors.
- In the Load Combinations dialog box, click OK to save the load combinations.