Start Tekla Structures
When you start Tekla Structures, you are asked to choose your Tekla Structures setup. The setup consists of an environment, role, and configuration.
- Environment means region-specific settings and information. It defines, for example, which profiles, material grades, default values, drawing settings, component settings, reports, and templates are available and used for the specific region.
- Role is a user group profile that limits the availability of files and settings in an environment. The user interface has been customized for each role, meaning that some of the settings that are not relevant for the specific role are hidden to make the user interface clearer and easier to use.
- Configuration consists of a set of features that the user is entitled to based on the license agreement. Each configuration is meant for a specific user group, to suit the various players in the construction industry.
If you are a company administrator, see Overview of environments, roles and licenses.
Choose your Tekla Structures setup
Start Tekla Structures by selecting it from the Windows Start menu or by double-clicking the
A dialog box where you choose your Tekla Structures setup appears.
Select an environment that fits the region where your project is done.
If you cannot find the desired environment from the list, see Install Tekla Structures.
You can also select blank project and use it as a basis for a customized environment.
Select a role.
The availability of roles depends on your environment, but typically the following roles are available:
Precast Concrete Detailer
Production Planner - Concrete
Select a configuration.
The configuration you are using may not contain all the features described in the Tekla Structures product guides. For more information on the features available in each configuration, see Tekla Structures configurations.
Tekla Structures start screen appears.
Select what you want to do:
On the Recent tab, you can open a recently used model.
If the Recent tab is empty, then the All models tab is shown.
On the All models tab, you can open any existing model.
If the All models tab is empty, then the New tab is shown.
On the Recent and All models tabs, you can sort each of the columns. Additionally, you can change the order and size of the columns by dragging them.
You can search models by name just by starting to type the name of the model. For example, when you type N, Tekla Structures selects the first model starting with the letter N.
To open the selected model, double-click the selected model, or select the model and click the Open button.
Create your own environment: blank project
Blank project is a Tekla Structures environment that includes only generic content, such as parametric profiles, undefined bolt, material and rebar grades, and basic drawing layouts. It can be used for gathering region-, company-, or project-specific settings, tools, and information. The blank project is always included in the Tekla Structures installation.
Download and install content to the blank project
You can use Tekla Warehouse to download and install content to the blank project. For example, you can download profiles, material grades, bolts, reinforcement, components, applications, and templates from Tekla Warehouse across all environment- and manufacturer-specific collections, and make combinations that suit your needs.
You can download and install content from Tekla Warehouse both before and during a project. Before starting a project, you can install content to your project and firm folders. During a project, you can install content to the model folder.
Check or change your Tekla Structures setup
You can check your current Tekla Structures setup (environment, role, and configuration) at any time without having to close the model.
On the File menu, click Settings and scroll down to the License area.
You current setup is displayed.
Change the setup if needed.
You may be required to restart Tekla Structures after the changes.
Tekla Structures usage data
Tekla Structures collects anonymous usage data on how you use the software. This information helps to improve Tekla Structures, and it is an easy way to influence the future development of Tekla Structures.
Tekla Structures collects usage patterns and trends of how you use the commands and tools in the software. The program collects this information automatically while you use Tekla Structures. You can view the log file to check the collected data. Your privacy is always a priority - the information we collect is anonymous and it cannot be used to identify you, and your data is combined with other people's data to make statistical analysis.
On the Tekla Structures menu, click Settings and scroll down to the Usage statistics area.
The data collection is on by default.
- If you do not want Tekla Structures to collect the usage data, select the Disable data collection check box.
To check the data that has
been collected, click the review the data link.
Tekla Structures displays the
- To fine-tune the data saving interval or the data sending interval, use the advanced options XS_AUTOMATIC_USER_FEEDBACK_SAVING_INTERVAL and XS_AUTOMATIC_USER_FEEDBACK_SENDING_INTERVAL
- To send feedback or questions about the data collecting, send e-mail to the address email@example.com.