Link Tekla Structures with an analysis application
To use an external analysis application with Tekla Structures analysis models, you need to install a direct link between Tekla Structures and the analysis application.
Before you start, ensure that you have:
Access to the Tekla User Assistance service
Administrator rights to your computer
- Log in to your computer as an administrator.
- Install Tekla Structures if you do not already have it installed.
- Install the analysis application if you do not already have it installed.
- Log in to the Tekla User Assistance service and browse for the link installation instructions in .
- Click an appropriate article, for example, Technical Document: Integration between Tekla Structural Designer and Tekla Structures.
- Follow the instructions in the support article to download the link for the analysis application.
- If needed, install the IFC and CIS/2 formats as advised in the support article.
If you need to uninstall and reinstall Tekla Structures and/or the analysis application for some reason, you will also need to reinstall the link after installing Tekla Structures and/or the analysis application.