Property files are files that contain the object properties and settings that are displayed in the property pane or in the dialog boxes of different model objects or drawing objects.
By default, Tekla Structures uses the standard property files when you apply commands. The default standard property files are read from the environment's system folder.
In addition to the default property files, you can define user-defined property files , and load these saved properties later when you create, for example, new model objects or drawing objects. Tekla Structures stores the saved, user-defined property files in the current model’s \attributes folder. Tekla Structures
To save a user-defined property file, do the following:
|In the property pane
||In a dialog box
- Enter a name for the property file in the box next to thebutton.
- Clickto save the property file.
- Enter a name for the property file in the box next to the Save as button.
- Click Save or Save as to save the property file.
Change the standard steel column properties so that you create a new type of column that you call custom1.
- Open the steel column properties in the property pane.
- Enter or modify the properties you want to save.
- In the box next to thebutton, enter a name for the new column properties, for example, custom1.
Tekla Structures saves the new custom1.clm property file in the current model’s \attributes folder.