Improvements in components
Improvements in components
There are several improvements in concrete components and steel components in Tekla Structures 2019.
Embedded anchors (8)
On the Placement tab, it is now possible to move anchors to the closest braced girder. You can select the class and name of the top braced girder bar, and also the maximum displacement of anchors.
Automated reinforcement layout - double tee beam (51)
On the Strand pattern tab, you can now use an external .CSV file to define an infinite amount of individual strands.
Automated reinforcement layout - ledge spandrel (55), Automated reinforcement layout - rectangular spandrel (56)
- Stem stirrup and ledge rebar creation has been changed so that the user input spacing value is not exceeded when using Both in the Spandrel End option. In most cases, this means that in the middle there are two smaller spacings than the input value.
- You can now define advanced hook properties for rebar groups on the Stem stirrups (for 55) and Ledge rebar tabs. The components are not fully backward compatible with older versions due to these improvements.
Ledge spandrel - automated reinforcement layout (55)
- You can now control the secondary rebar set on the End rebar tab.
Beam reinforcement (63)
You can now select to create additional links on the Parameters tab.
Stirrup reinforcement (67)
You can now rotate the rebar polygon clockwise at each even or odd positions. Entering a value, for example 1,2,3 or 4, in the First stirrup box rotates the rebar polygon at odd positions and entering a value in the Second stirrup box at even positions.
Strip footing reinforcement (75)
You can now create double stirrup bars as a new bend type on the Stirrups tab. Transverse settings are now on the Stirrups tab and the bending direction is shown as images.
Seating with dowel (75), Two sided seating with dowel (76) , Seating with dowel to flange (77), Two sided seating with dowel to flange (78)
You can now create a bearing plate relative to the column. Two sided seating with dowel to flange (78) is not fully backward compatible with older Tekla Structures versions due to the improvements.
Round column reinforcement (82)
You can now select on the Advanced (main bars) tab whether to cut the created rebars by the cut in the father part or not.
Rectangular column reinforcement (83)
- You can now select whether all the stirrups are created as a single group on the Intermediate links tab.
- You can now define gaps between the stirrup groups on the Stirrups tab.
Hole reinforcement for slabs and walls (84)
- You can now reinforce an already existing hole and apply position offset for a hole that you are creating.
Started bars for footing (87)
With the new Bottom cover tab, you can now set a separate unique bottom cover thickness for each bar group. The other option is to set a common bottom cover thickess for all corner bars and side bars.
Reinforced concrete stair (95)
- You can now select whether to create finished floor level on the Parts tab. The finished floor level is defined by a polygon created from an offset stairs polygon and it is used for drawings. Define the profile, properties and offset of the dummy part that is created at each polygon vertex.
- You can now create reinforcement in stringers on the new Stringer bars tab.
- On the Bar C tab, there is an option for a new rebar landing shape and a setting for adapting the nose shape.
- On the Bar E tab, you can now select to create stirrups and pins parallel with the sloped edge of the step.
- On the Bar K tab, there is an option for a new rebar shape and its appropriate I bars.
- On the Bar L tab, you can now define whether reinforcing bars are created between the top and bottom step.
- On the Parameters tab, there is a new shape for the bottom landing.
- You can now define the name, prefix and start number for each type of rebar and mesh on the Mesh bars , Bottom anchor bars , Top anchor bars , and Z anchor bars tabs.
Concrete console (110)
- You can now define the offsets for the tube profiles in both the X and Y directions on the Anchor rods tab.
- You can now use the Legs symmetrically setting on the Socket tab to select whether custom part sockets are created symmetrically.
- On Parameters tab, you can now find and cut extra secondary parts using classes or name search. You can also define the maximum width of the secondary part and cut it to this width.
Concrete beam-beam (112)
- When defining the neoprene, you can now select on the Parts tab whether the neoprene is fitted to fill the cut space between the main part and the secondary part, or whether it is created in a rectangular shape.
- You can now select on the Anchors tab whether the tubes are aligned with the main part, or with the top or bottom of the secondary part.
Double wall edge and opening reinforcement
There is a new cover thickness offset C3 on the Picture tab. New options have been added for edge and opening reinforcement (not reinforcement and create just stirrups) on the Reinforcement and Opening tabs.
You can now control the minimum length of primary and secondary bars separately.
Rebar coupler, Rebar end anchor
- Rebar coupler and Rebar end anchor components have been changed so that when used with rebar sets, the end-specific UDA values are set with end modifiers. For rebar sets, the end modifier properties thread length, extra fabrication length, and threading type values of the end modifier are set (instead of custom UDA values).
Note that to get the threading type controlled by coupler / end anchor components, this value must be added to the RebarCoupler.Udas.dat file.
- Rebar coupler has been changed so that the free space between two rebars can be controlled with a new dimension attribute on Attributes tab. You can set this value manually or with the auto attribute file.
Rebar end anchor has been changed so that when it is used with rebar sets, the rebar is shortened with the given offset so that the anchor will have the same cover distance as the original bar end. The concrete cover can be automatic or overridden with the (input) end detail modifier.
- When customizing the content of the UDA tab, you can now define in the WallLayout.Udas.dat file that layer UDA values are not swapped when the Wall layout layer swapper tool is used. You can do this by adding NoSwap at the end of the line (fourth field): string comment j_comment NoSwap.
- Wall layout has been modified so that the Geometry detailing strip at the top/bottom is extended by default by the extreme of the part edges.
Wall layout T connector
The Add seam setting now has a new option First layer only. With this option, only the first layer is split into two parts. Previously, the No option has this functionality. The No option now does not split the first layer part, instead a cut that breaks the part into two solid objects is created.
Wall groove seam
You can now use the new Create fitting option on the Edge shape tab to control whether the part end fitting is created.
Wall groove seam, Wall to wall connection
- You can now control the location of the last rebar/embed in the wall top edge on the Connectors tab.
- There is a new edge shape option on the Edge shape tab. With this option you can create a groove where one of the noses can be shortened by a given distance.
- You can now control the offset of the loose bars at the bottom of the connection/start of the seam on the Connectors tab.
- There is a new Thickening tab where you can create extra thickening to walls.
- You can now select to create part cuts or only extra part cuts, and define the name of the cut. In Wall to wall connection , you can set this separately for both walls. For part properties of extra part cuts, select a saved settings file.
Joining plates (14), Stiffened end plate (27), Partial stiff end plate (65), Two sided end plate (142), End plate (144)
You can now define a bolt comment on the Bolts tab.
Triangles generation (19)
You can now define chamfers for the created triangular plates on the new Chamfers tab.
Tube gusset (20)
You can now create connection plate stiffeners and define the stiffener chamfers on the Brace conn tab.
Welded tee (32)
You can now define the assembly position number and the Finish property on the Parts tab.
You can now define the bolt type on the Holes tab.
Cranked beam (41)
You can now define a gap between the parts on the Picture tab.
Seat conn type 1 (52)
You can now define all the basic bolt properties, and the properties for slotted holes, bolt assembly and bolt length increase on the Secondary bolts tab.
Hollow brace wraparound gusset (59)
You can now define the width of the tongue plate on the Brace conn tab.
Wraparound gusset (58), Hollow brace wraparound gusset (59), Wraparound gusset cross (60)
You can now create the fastener plates extended through the connection main and secondary part on the Gusset tab. You can also define the sizes of the respective cuts around the fastener plates.
Bolted gusset (11), Gusseted cross (62)
You can now select on the Picture tab whether to create the gusset plate through the main part.
Bolted gusset (11), Tube gusset (20), Gusseted cross (62)
You can now create welding between the gusset and the base plate.
Gusseted cross (62)
- You can now define the filler plate creation side on the Brace conn tab when creating both connection plates.
- You can now create the gusset plate parallel to the brace without using a base plate.
HSS Brace special (66)
HSS Brace special (66) now has the Design type tab.
Rail connection (70)
You can now define bolt assemblies on the SBolts tab.
Splice connection (77)
- Welds 6 and 7 have been added.
- You can now change the weld access hole shape on the Weld prep tab. You can now define weld types for the secondary part.
- You can now select the flange plate creation side on the Parameters tab. Previously, this setting was on the Weld prep tab.
Clip angle (116)
You can now define the cut length of bolts on the Bolts tab.
Welded beam to beam (123)
You can now define the weld access hole offset on the Chamfers tab.
Shear plate simple (146)
You can now define the cut length of bolts on the Bolts tab.
Welded to top flange S (149), Full depth S (185)
You can now define the bolting direction on the Bolts tab.
You can now define the gap distance for haunched beam flanges.
Stiffened base plate (1014)
On the Parts tab, you can now define the Class property for plates, web plates, flange plates, and leveling plate. You can define the Finish property for plate, web plates, flange plates, leveling plate, fitting plates, additional beam, horizontal plates, and L profiles.