You can activate Tekla Structures licenses in Tekla Structures License Administration Tool. In activation, the license server at your company contacts the activation server at Trimble Solutions using an Internet connection. Before the activation can be done, the entitlement certificate needs to be opened. You can notify the license server automatically or manually about license changes, but the automatic server notification is recommended.
To activate the licenses and notify the license server automatically:
- Go to through the Start menu or Start screen , depending on your Windows operating system.
- If not already enabled, enable the automatic license server notification functionality by clicking the Notify Server button.
- Open the license entitlement certificate located in the ..\TeklaStructures\License\Server folder by clicking Open , navigating to ..\TeklaStructures\License\Server , selecting EntitlementCertificate.html , and clicking Open again. The license information is displayed in the Entitled Licenses area.
- Click the Activate cell and select the number of licenses to activate.
- Click the Activate button.
Your license server contacts the license activation server at Trimble Solutions.
The activated licenses are displayed in the Activated Licenses area.
Do not forget to take a backup copy of the trusted storage of the activated licenses.
When you open Tekla Structures License Administration Tool later on, it detects expired and broken licenses you may have and asks if you want to deactivate or repair them. If you select Yes , an automatic deactivation or repair is run.