Install and license Tekla Structures
Install and license Tekla Structures
To use Tekla Structures , you need to have a license, Tekla Structures installed on your computer. In most cases, you will also install a Trimble-supplied or your organization's own customized Tekla Structures environment with different localized settings and tools, such as profiles, templates and components.
Click to expand the section relevant to you and follow the links in the text for detailed instructions.
Tekla Structures licenses
Tekla Structures cannot be used without a valid license.
The full commercial versions of Tekla Structures are licensed by activating an entitlement certificate on your license server. To get an entitlement certificate, you need to buy a license. The entitlement certificate is sent in an email to the contact person your organization has named when purchasing the license. If you have purchased a license but have not received your entitlement, please contact your local Tekla sales office or reseller.
If you wish to learn how to use Tekla Structures , download and install the Tekla Structures learning edition, which comes with a free license that is connected to your Trimble Identity user account at the Tekla Campus site. Note that any model you save in the learning edition cannot be opened in the full commercial version of Tekla Structures.
The Tekla Structures Partner version has a separate installer, and a license that is connected to your Trimble Identity.
If someone manages Tekla Structures for you
You need an account to access Tekla online services. If your administrator has not invited you to your organization, ask to join so that you have access to all Tekla online services:
In most cases, your Tekla Structures administrator will prepare a customized installation package for you or install the software for you. Ask your administrator for further instructions.
To be able to use Tekla Structures outside the office, you may need to know how to borrow a license for offline use:
If you are a Tekla Structures learning (Tekla Campus) user
Create your Trimble Identity and login to the Tekla Campus site to access Tekla Campus and activate your learning license.
- Download the installation package for Tekla Structures and at least one of the Tekla Structures environments from the Tekla Campus site.
When you scroll down the page, there is also a video of how to install the Tekla Structures Learning edition. Tekla Campus user account acts as license key for Tekla Structures Learning configuration: no entitlement certificate is needed.
- Start your learning using the videos and examples available at the Tekla Campus site.
If you are a Tekla Structures Partner configuration user
- Create your Trimble Identity ; your Partner license will be connected to the account. You also need the account to access Tekla online services.
- Before you can use Tekla Structures Partner version, your Tekla Structures administrator must invite you to your organization's group and assign the Partner license to your account in Tekla Online Admin Tool.
- Make sure you download and install the Tekla Structures Partner version from Tekla Downloads. You cannot use the standard Tekla Structures with your Partner license.
- When Tekla Structures Partner version starts, it asks you to log in with your Trimble Identity to verify your license.
If you manage your own installation of Tekla Structures
Create your Trimble Identity to access all Tekla online services.
- Download the installation package for Tekla Structures , the license server and at least one of the Tekla Structures environments from Tekla Downloads.
Install the license server software on your computer and activate your license.
Install the Tekla Structures software and at least one of the Tekla Structures environments on your computer:
If you manage Tekla Structures for other users
Install the Tekla Structures license server.
Install Tekla Structures for your own use and start customizing it for your organization.
Deploy Tekla Structures to the users in your organization.
Continue developing your organization's customizations and redeploy as needed.
Start your journey in Tekla Structures installation for administrators , which introduces you to all of the topics listed above.