Instructions for applying simple wind loads to diaphragms
When working with simple wind pressure loads that you want to apply to diaphragms you will be required to perform some or all of the following tasks:
Create loadcases for simple wind loads
On the Load tab, click Loadcases.
The Loading dialog box opens.
- On the Loadcases page, click Add.
- Name the new loadcase.
- Set the type to Wind.
- Click OK.
Create simple wind loads
- In the Loading list, select a manually created wind loadcase.
- On the Load tab, click Simple Wind.
- In the model, click to define the start point of the load width.
Click to define the end
point of the load width.
The Simple Wind Loading dialog box opens. The dialog box allows you to specify a single area wind load from the lowest level of the building up to the highest level that contains a rigid diaphragm.Tip: The wind load does not have to begin at the lowest level of the building.
If you have one or more levels below ground, you can adjust the value of the lowest level in the Simple Wind Loading dialog box.
- In the Apply to droplist, select Diaphragms - to have the load decompose to diaphragms only.
- Specify the required load profile manually, or paste the load profile from a spreadsheet.
- To create a stepped profile up the height of the building, use the Insert Above, Insert Below, Quick Above... and Quick Below... buttons and then specify the load for each level.
- When the load is complete, click OK.
Modify simple wind load vertical properties
Double-click anywhere in an
existing simple wind load.
The Simple Wind Loading dialog box opens.
- Modify the load properties according to your needs.
- Click OK.
Modify the simple wind load width
- Select the simple wind load that you want to modify.
- Select one of the two nodes that define the load width.
Click where you want to move
the selected node.
Tekla Structural Designer moves the selected node to the new location, and regenerates the load.