Create a new project based on a template
You can use an existing template as the base of your project. For more information, see the following paragraphs.
- On the Home tab, click
An Open Template option is displayed, above which any recently used templates are also listed.
- Either select a recently used template, or open a specific template.
The template opens.
To continue, the template should now be saved as a project.
- On the Home tab, click Save As
The Save As dialog opens.
- Change the Save as type to Tekla Structural Designer project files (*.tsmd;*.cscbd).
- Name the file and ensure that it is saved in the right location.
- Click Save.
- Add the necessary building objects and loads in order to complete the project.