Modify active / inactive settings
Initially all members are active. If a member is set inactive it does not participate in the analysis but any load applied to (or decomposed) to it is still accounted for.
Only single span beams, braces, analysis elements, purlins and rails have the potential to be inactive. They each therefore have an Active setting in the properties which defaults to 'on', but can be unchecked. In the Review View these members are color coded allowing the same setting to be toggled graphically.
- They are multi-span
- They support another member (active or inactive)
To modify the active setting of a member graphically do the following:
- Open a view and change the view regime to Review View.
- On the Review tab, click Show/Alter State .
- Go to the Properties window.
In the Attribute list select Active.
Members are color coded according to their active setting.
- In the Properties window, select the appropriate mode.
Do one of the following:
- Click an individual entity to modify its active setting.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag a box from left to right to modify the active setting of all members within the box.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag a box from right to left to modify the active setting of all members within the box or cut by the box.