Limitations (concrete beam: EC2)
The following general exclusions apply:
- Seismic design,
- Consideration of fire resistance. [You are however given full control of the minimum cover dimension to the reinforcement and are therefore able to take due account of fire resistance requirements.]
- Openings in the beam web.
- Bundled bars.
- Design for minor axis bending and shear.
- Design for axial forces.
In addition, for beams classified as "deep beams":
- all beams with a ratio of 1.5 < span/overall depth ≤ 3.0 are designed but with an appropriate Warning
- beams with a ratio of span/overall depth ≤ 1.5 are Beyond Scope