Import grids or a shadow from a DXF file
- create grid lines in specified levels in your Tekla Structural Designer model.,
use the dxf as a shadow to assist in the placement of entities in 2D scene views
- Open a 2D view of a construction level, and go to the Model tab
Grid Line list, select
An Open dialog opens.
Browse to the file that you want to import, select the file, and click
The DXF Import Wizard opens.
- On the first page, manage the layers and colors that you want to import.
Select if you want to import the architectural grids from the file, or import the file as a shadow.
If you import the architectural grids, all elements in the selected layers of the DXF file are mapped to the Tekla Structural Designer grid lines. You must therefore ensure that you switch off all the layers in the DXF file, apart from the layers in which the grids have been defined.
If you import the DXF file as a shadow, Tekla Structural Designer imports the .dxf file but does not create any Tekla Structural Designer objects. You can use the intersection points and other elements as the source on which to add the Tekla Structural Designer objects you require.
- If necessary, adjust the scale and offsets for the DXF file.
- Click Next.
Select how the grids are created:
To create separate named grids for each layer, select By layer.
To create separate named grids for each color in the DXF file, select By color.
To create a single merged grid containing all layers and colors, select Merged.
- Ensure that each level to which you want to import the grid layout is selected.
- Click Finish.