Create members with cold rolled sections
Tekla Structural Designer allows you to create multiple characteristic types of cold rolled section members. The types are track, stud, and joist (US), or eaves beam, purlin, and rail (UK), depending on the language that you are using.
You can model and analyze cold rolled members in Tekla Structural Designer, but you cannot design them.
Create a cold rolled section member
- On the Model tab, click any steel member type, for example, Steel Beam.
- In the Properties window, set the Characteristic property to the desired cold rolled section member type.
The properties in the Properties window are updated to match the selected cold rolled section member type.
- In the Properties window, adjust the properties of the cold rolled section member according to your needs.
- Click the start point of the member.
Tip: If you are using a point along a member, do the following:
Click the member to view its points.
Click the point that you want to use, or type the distance from the start of the member to the desired point.
- Click the end point of the member.
Tekla Structural Designer creates the member.
Modify the position of a cold rolled section member
You can modify a cold rolled section member in both 2D and 3D views.
To move an entire cold rolled section member, see: Move and rotate objects.
- Click the member that you want to modify.
- Click the end node that you want to move.
- Click the new position of the selected end node.
The end node moves to the selected position.