Apply wind loads using the wind wizard to open structures
Apply open structure wind load to selected entities
- Select the members to which the load is to be applied.
In the Properties window, under Wind loading, select Apply open structure wind load
Additional properties then become available, allowing the shape factor and effective area factors used in the wind load calculation to be customized.
Edit these additional properties, if required.
Note: The Apply open structure wind load property is already selected by default for ancillaries and equipment, but can be deselected if required.
Run the wind wizard
Note: You must apply an open structure wind load to at least one entity before running the Wind Wizard.
On the Load tab, click Wind Wizard...
The Wind Wizard opens.Note: The Wind Wizard varies slightly according to the head code that you are using.
- On the first page of the wizard select the Apply Open Structure Wind Load option.
- Step-through the remaining pages of the wizard to define the necessary information for the wind model.
Once you have defined all
the necessary information, click Finish.
Note: After you have created the wind model with the Wind Wizard, you can open a wind view to graphically review the open structure wind loads for each wind direction.
Define wind loadcases
On the Load tab, click Wind Loadcases.
The Wind Loadcases dialog box opens.
Do one of the following:
- Click Add to add the details of each wind loadcase individually.
- Click Auto to generate standard wind loadcases for the wind directions that you
have defined in the Wind Wizard. Note: You cannot use the Auto option once you have created other wind loadcases.