How can I centrally deploy Tekla software?
I want to centrally deploy Tekla Structural Designer what do I need to do to be able to do this?
Tekla installations are designed to support distributed deployment scenarios using Windows Group Policy or proprietary Software Management Systems (SMS). The SMS software will vary depending upon your chosen deployment process and therefore we are unable to offer detailed technical assistance on how to implement this. What we can provide is a list of requirements / components and how to install them to allow you to package up a centralized install in your chosen deployment process.
Where is the information found?
Every release of the software has different dependencies so the best way for us to distribute this information is to ship it in the installation download. Because the vast majority of users will never need to know this we do not provide links to the information via the installation wizard - you have to unpack the download to find the information.
How do I unpack the install to extract the Distributed Deployment details?
- Run the downloaded installation package
- Allow the unpacking process to complete and the Installation wizard to launch
- Cancel the Installation wizard
- Open a Windows explorer and navigate to
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Tekla\Structural\Install Cache
- In here there should be a sub folder related to the product and release you are trying to install, e.g. "tekla_structural_designer_YYYY_MMYYYY"
- Open this subfolder and open
- Distributed Deployment.htm