Manage Document Index categories
You can add new Document Index categories, and rename and delete existing categories. You can also change the default folder where document references are stored.
To access Document
Index, do either of the following:
- In Combining, Estimating, Project Management, Production Control, and Purchasing, click Document Index/Doc Ind or press F8.
- In Inventory, go to the Inventory ribbon tab and select Document Index.
For Combining, Project Management, and Production Control, you are asked to select if you want to open the Document Index dialog box related to linked jobs.The Document Index - By Category dialog box opens.
- Click Edit Categories.
- Select the category you want to modify
Do any of the following:
Add a new category
- In the navigation tree at the top of the dialog box, select the parent category for the new category.
- Click Add.
- Type a name for the new category.
For example, Miscellaneous documents.
- Click OK.
The new category is added to the list.
Rename a category
- In the navigation tree, select the category that you want to rename.
- Type a new name for the category.
- Click OK.
The category name is updated.
Delete a category Note that you cannot delete a category that has sub-categories.
- In the navigation tree, select the category that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- To permanently delete the category, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
Change the folder where documents in the selected category are saved
- In the navigation tree, select the category whose default folder you want to change.
- Click Default Directory
- Do either of the following:
- Select the folder that you want to use as the default folder.
- Click Make New Folder to add a new sub-folder under the currently selected folder. Then, click the sub-folder to use it as the default folder.
- Click OK
- To close the dialog box, click X in the upper-right corner.