Manage Tekla PowerFab remote user permissions
Administrators can allow any internal or external Tekla PowerFab users to access information remotely using Tekla PowerFab Go.
- Go to .
- On either the Tekla PowerFab Users tab or the External Users tab, select the user whose remote permissions you want to modify.
At the top of the Remote
Permissions dialog box, select the Allow
Remote Login checkbox.
When you have allowed logging in to Tekla PowerFab Go, you can modify the other remote permissions.
Note that the Remote Permissions has two tabs:
- Production Control/Project Management
- Inventory/Inspection/Time Tracking
You need to modify the information on both tabs separately.
On the Production Control/Project
Management tab, select which production control jobs the user can access remotely, and
what information theyh can view and modify. The options are:
- None: the user cannot access the information of any production control job remotely.
- Selected: allows you to select the control jobs that the user can access
To select the jobs, click Edit in the Select Jobs section of the Production Control/Project Management tab.
You can also create job groups in Production Control to allow the users to only access jobs in particular job groups. For example, you could create a job group called Active, and allow the users to access all jobs in the Active job group. You could also create a job group called Inactive and store all jobs that you do not want users to access in Tekla PowerFab Go in the Inactive job group.
- All: the user can access the information of all production control jobs remotely.
On the Inventory/Inspection/Time
- Select the actions the user can do the inventory, (View, Move, Receive)
- To select the inspections tests the user can view or modify, click Select Inspection Tests.
- Click the arrow buttons to move the items tests that the user needs to access remotely to the Included list.
- Click OK.
- Select what kind of time tracking records the user can add (records for themselves or for all employees, records that have a late start or end time).
To modify the user permissions
further, do any of the following:
Select the permissions one by one
Click a tab at the top of the Remote Permissions dialog box to open it.
Select checkboxes next to the permissions that you want to give to the user.
Repeat steps a to b on both tabs of the Remote Permissions dialog box.
To only allow access to particular drawing types, stations, or inspection tests:
Click the Select Drawing Types, Select Stations, or Select Inspection Tests button.
Use the arrow buttons to move the accessible items to the Included list.
Copy the remote permissions of another user
In the upper-right corner of the dialog box, click the arrow on the right side of the Copy Permissions From list.
Select the desired user in the list.
Select or remove multiple permissions at once
Do one of the following:
To allow the user to view, but not modify, all information listed on the current tab, click View All at the bottom of the dialog box.
To remove all permissions that the user has on the current tab, click Clear All.
Select or remove the permissions on both tabs of the Remote Permissions dialog box.
Give all remote permissions on the current tab
In the lower-left corner of the dialog box, click All.
Note that to give all available remote permissions, you need to click All on both tabs of the Remote Permissions dialog box.
- Click Save Remote Permissions.
The user can now view and modify the information according to the remote permissions you gave them.