Add grade substitutions
Grade substitutions allow Tekla EPM to combine materials to material grades in the inventory that do not match the material grade in the bill of materials. Creating grade substitutions can be useful when very little material of a certain grade is needed, so another grade can be used instead. Grade substitutions need to be created separately for each job.
Note that you should only add grade substitutions that meet or exceed the requirements of the current grade.
- In the Shape / Grade / Size Maintenance dialog box, open the Grades tab.
- In the shape list, select a shape.
- In the Grade list, select a grade.
- On the right side of the Grades tab, open the Substitutions tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Select a substitute grade list, select a grade.
The new grade substitution is added to the list.
- Use the (+) Use Order and (-) Use Order to move the substitute grade up or down in the list. This way, you can define the order in which Tekla EPM uses the substitute grades.
If necessary, you can delete substitute grades by selecting them in the substitution list and clicking Delete at the bottom of the Substitutions tab.