Create pricing forms
Use the Global Edit Form command to apply group-specific pricing for different material dimensions. For example, when updating pricing for groups of HSS shapes, the shapes that are either smaller or larger than the commonly used dimensions may need different pricing updates. By creating and using pricing forms, you can update each group of HSS shapes accordingly. You can create one pricing form that contains multiple shapes whose pricing you want to update in the current supplier warehouse, or pricing data set.
Creating pricing forms becomes even more efficient when you update the pricing from a requisition or a purchase order, as you can update multiple shapes and dimensions at one go. For more information, see Update pricing information.
- In the Pricing Maintenance dialog box, click the Pricing ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select Global Edit Form.
- At the bottom of the Global Edit Form dialog box, click New Form.
- Type a name for the new form and click OK.
- If another form already exists and you want to copy its content, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
- On the right side of the Global Edit Form dialog box, click New Price.
- In the Shape list, select a shape.
- Click the Start field, and double-click the smallest dimension to which the new price applies.
- Click the End field, and double-click the largest dimension to which the new price applies.
In the Price field, type the price.
To change the units for the price, right-click the Price field and select a suitable option.
To save the changes, click
Repeat steps 6 to 11 for different dimensions of the selected shape and other shapes. You can see an example pricing form in the following image.
- When you have added all the necessary forms and prices, click Perform Global Edit.
The pricing of the selected items is updated. The pricing forms that you created are saved for later use.