Save a backup copy of the Tekla EPM database
We recommend that administrators save backup copies of the Tekla EPM database regularly. This way, you can restore a compromised database by using a backup copy of the database.
The best way to ensure reliable database backups is using the automated event for creating automatic backups. For more information, see Create, modify, and delete automated events.
- Close all dialog boxes that you have open in Tekla EPM.
- Click the File ribbon tab in the upper-left corner of the Tekla EPM window.
- On the File menu, select Backup Database.
- In the Save As dialog box, browse to the location where you want to save the backup file.
- If necessary, modify the name of the backup file.
- Click Save.
Tekla EPM copies all database information to the selected folder as a compressed
settings.inifile under the folder where Tekla EPM has been installed. To do so:
Find or add a section called [DatabaseBackup].
Below the [DatabaseBackup] line, type CompressionLevel, an equal sign, and the compression value.
The compression values are from 1 (lowest level of compression, fastest backup) to 5 (highest level of compression, slowest backup).
For example, to save as compressed backup copies as possible, type:
Save and close the