Filter information in the Production Control dialog box
In the Production Control Filters dialog box, you can set filters that determine which items are shown in a production control job. You can also save the filter settings for later use.
If the Open to Filter Selection check box has been selected in the Production Control company standard settings, the Production Control Filters dialog box opens automatically when you open a production control job.
In an open production control job, click the Production Control ribbon tab.
On the menu, select Filter.
In the Production Control Filters dialog box, set filters as follows:
- To filter the displayed items according to selected criteria, select a filter type in the Type list, and click Select.
- In the Filter dialog box, click the arrow buttons to move the items that you want to display to the Included list.
If you want to further filter the information displayed in the Estimating dialog box, repeat steps 1 to 3 for different items. Note that only items that match the items in the Included list will be available when setting more filters.
If you want to clear all filter settings, click Reset.
To save commonly used filters,
do the following:
- Click Filter Types in the lower-left corner.
- Click New.
- Type a description for the filter type.
Create the filter
For more information, see steps 3 to 5.
- Click Add.
To close the dialog
box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right
The newly created filter type is selected in the Filter Types list.
- To apply the filter type, click Set.
According to your needs, do one
of the following:
- To use the filter, click Apply Filter.
- To use the filter in the job and save it until a new filter is set or the filter is
cleared, click Apply Filter & Save.
Note that the filter will remain in use even if you close and re-open the job. After you clear the filters, the filter settings cannot be used again.
The Estimating Filters dialog box closes, and the Production Control dialog box is filtered according to the settings you made.
To display all information in the Production Control dialog box again, click Clear Filters in the upper-left corner.