Create, modify, or delete cost codes
You can use cost codes to keep track of specific costs and set them to match your accounting system. In the Cost Code Maintenance dialog box, you can create cost codes that are available for items in all requisitions and purchase orders. You can also modify the existing cost codes, and delete unnecessary ones.
To access the Cost Code Maintenance dialog box, do the following:
- Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select either or .
The Cost Code Maintenance dialog box opens.
According to your needs, see any of the following instructions:
Create a cost code
- At the bottom of the Cost Code Maintenance dialog box, click New.
- Type an abbreviation for the cost code.
Type a description for the cost code.
For example, Structural fabrication.
- Click Add.
Modify a cost code
- In the Cost Code Maintenance dialog box, select the cost code that you want to modify.
- Modify the abbreviation and description according to your needs.
- Click Edit to save the changes.
Delete a cost code
Note that deleting a cost code is permanent and cannot be undone. After deleting the cost code, you cannot use the cost code for requisition items.
- In the Cost Code Maintenance dialog box, select the cost code that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- To permanently delete the cost code, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.