Modify resource capacity
In the Resource Maintenance dialog box, you create, modify, and delete resources used in the production schedule and the project schedule. You can view and modify the applicable working hours per day, week, or month.
Open the Resource Maintenance dialog box
- In the Production Schedule dialog box, click the Production Schedule ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select Resource Maintenance.
Add a resource
You can add resources in a variety of ways. It may be useful to have one resource for the shop, or one for each of the several bays or shop sites. Another task, like detailing, can have its own resource as well.
The capacity for each resource is entered by day and summarized by week or by month.
When a task in the project schedule is assigned to a resource, the resource is added to the production schedule with the same start and end dates. Planned hours for the task are then distributed equally among the days in that duration. You can change the distribution and allocation of the planned hours manually.
- Click New.
- Type a description for the resource.
- Click the arrow on the right side of the Calendar field and select a suitable schedule calendar in the list.
- In the Default Capacity field, type the number of hours available to this resource during a standard working day.
Click the arrow on the right side of
Date field and select the date after which adjustments to the schedule no
longer affect the new resource.
For example, if the fixed date is set to Friday, any adjustments to the schedule on the next Thursday will not affect it.
- Click Add.
Modify a resource
- In the list, select the resource that you want to modify.
- Modify the description, calendar, default capacity, and fixed date according to your needs.
In the Resource Utilization section, filter which capacity and utilization information is
- To modify the time range, click the arrows on the right side of the start and end dates and select suitable dates.
Click the arrow on the right side of Scale field, and select if you want to view the capacity and
utilization information by day, week, or month.
When the scale is set to by week or month, the date displayed for each record is by default the beginning date of each period. This settings can be changed in Project Company Standards.
- To update the view, click Reload.
- If you want to open the production schedule for the selected resource, click View.
To adjust the capacity of a
date period, do the following:
- In the Resource Utilization section, double-click a date.
In the Resource
Capacity dialog box, select a date period.
To select multiple items, hold down Ctrl.
To select a range of subsequent items, hold down Shift.
Type a new value in
the Capacity field.
If necessary, you can restore the default hours by clicking the Default button.
- To update the capacity of all selected date periods, click Update Selected.
- To close the dialog box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right corner.
- In the Resource Maintenance dialog box, click Save to save the changes.
Delete a resource
Deleting a resource is permanent and cannot be undone.
- In the list, select the resource that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes to permanently delete the resource.