Combine materials in the Production Control module
Use the Combine command to mult and nest materials in the Production Control dialog box. You can then save and review the combining results.
- In the Production Control dialog box, click the Production Control ribbon tab.
On the menu, select
The Select Combining Run dialog box opens. When you are performing the first combining run for a combining job, the list in the dialog box is empty.
Click a desired combining option
to select it.
The options are:
Mult: combines linear items, like beams and angles.
Nest: combines items that have area, like plates or gratings.
- Mult & Nest: combines all items.
The Combining Run Filters dialog box opens.Note:
Filtering items is optional, so you can skip steps 4 to 7 if you do not want to filter out items from the combining run.
- To only combine specific types of items, select a filter type in the Type list, and click Select.
In the Filter dialog box, do one of the following depending on the filter
- Click the arrow buttons to move the items that you want to combine to the Included list.
- Type the maximum and minimum values for the items that you want to combine.
Repeat steps 4 to 5 for each filter type that you want to set.
To ensure that you are using the correct settings, click the Optimizations, INV Filter, and Suppliers buttons.
If necessary, you can modify the settings.
- To be able to save the results of the combining run, ensure that the Use PDC/PO Links check box is selected.
- To combine the materials, click the button at the bottom of the Combining Run Filters dialog box, or press F4.
- Piece mark items included with the selected stock lengths are displayed at the lower-left section of the dialog box.
- Combining results are shown in both the display area and in the summary grid at the lower-right section of the dialog box.
- The material cost represents the pricing of the materials in the pricing database that was used in the combining run.
To save the entire combining run for comparing it with another one, click Save Combining Run at the bottom of the Combining Run Results dialog box.
To save particular results, use the navigation tree on the left to only view necessary results,and click Save Displayed Results & Close at the bottom of the Combining Run Results dialog box.
To save selected results, click the results that you want to save and click the Combining Run ribbon tab. Then, select Save Selected Results,