Add burn types
If your shop uses other burn types than the existing ones, you can add the missing burn types in Burn Type Maintenance. Then, you can use the new burn types in your estimating jobs.
- In the Burn Maintenance dialog box, click the Burn Maintenance ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select Burn Type Maintenance.
- In the Burn Type Maintenance dialog box, click New.
- Add a description and abbreviation for the burn type.
In the Labor
Group list, select which labor group the burn type belongs to.
The selection determines where Tekla EPM saves the labor time used in burning. Normally, burn times are saved to the Burn labor group.
The new burn type is created and will be available in Burn Maintenance.
Note that the new burn type will only be visible and available for filtering in the Burn Maintenance dialog box once you create a burn rate with the new burn type.
- To close the dialog box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right corner.