Manage drawing logs
You can add your own drawing logs for different drawing types, such as general arrangement drawings or part drawings. You can also modify existing drawing logs, or delete unnecessary drawing logs from Tekla EPM.
Note that the drawing logs that you set up are available for all new project management jobs. If you need to adjust the drawing logs used in an existing project management job, see Adjust project-specific drawing settings and drawing logs.
Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
On the menu, select .
The Drawing Log Maintenance dialog box opens.
Add a drawing log
- At the bottom of the Drawing Log Maintenance dialog box, click New.
- In the Drawing Type field, type the drawing type.
- In the Drawing Log Name field, type a name for the drawing log.
In the PDC
Link list, select the field in Production Control to which the drawings are connected.
Note that the PDC Link setting only applies to drawing log types with assemblies or materials that have counterparts in Production Control.
In the Subdirectory Path field, type the path to the
sub-folder under the drawing default folder where the drawings in that
drawing log are stored.
For example, type Detail\Erection drawings
The default folder for storing drawings is set in the Default Directories dialog box.
In the Drawing Log Mapping field, type which drawing
types to direct to the selected drawing log.
Tekla EPM determines the drawing log where imported drawings are stored based on the drawing types assigned to the drawings in the
XMLfile created with Tekla EPM Plugin for Tekla Structures, or with the Data Transfer tool in SDS/2. By default, the drawing types in Tekla EPM match the drawing types in Tekla Structures.
Note that you need to type each drawing type on a separate line.
- Click Add.
Modify a drawing log
- In the Drawing Log Maintenance dialog box, select the drawing log that you want to modify.
- Change the drawing log settings according to your needs.
- Click Save.
Delete a drawing log
- In the Drawing Log Maintenance dialog box, select the drawing log that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- To permanently delete the drawing log, click Yes.