Add drill types
If your shop uses other drill types than automatic and manual, you can add the necessary drill types to Tekla EPM. Then, you can use the new drill types in any estimating job.
- In the Drill Maintenance dialog box, click the Drill Maintenance ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select Drill Type Maintenance.
- In the Drill Type Maintenance dialog box, click New.
- Add a description and abbreviation for the drill type.
In the Labor
Group list, select which labor group the drill type belongs to.
The selection determines where Tekla EPM saves the labor time used in drilling. Normally, drill times are saved to the Punch labor group.
The new drill type is created and will be available in Drill Maintenance.
Note that the new drill type will only be visible and available for filtering in the Drill Maintenance dialog box once you create a drill rate with the new drill type.
- To close the dialog box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right corner.