Link an estimating job to Trimble Connect
Before you can view the estimating job information in Trimble Connect for Windows, you need to link the job to a Trimble Connect project. You can either link the job to an existing project or create a new project.
Note that if an estimating job is linked to a project management job, the Trimble Connect project is managed through the project management job. In this case, you need to link the project management job to Trimble Connect. The link is then applied to any linked estimating jobs. The Trimble Connect project cannot be modified when you access it through the estimating job.
- In the Estimating dialog box, right-click anywhere in the display area.
In the context menu, click Model
A message appears, telling you that the current job is not linked to a Trimble Connect project.
OK to close the message.
In the Link Project to Trimble Connect dialog box, do one of the following:
Link the job to an existing Trimble Connect project
To display the available Trimble Connect projects, click Sync Projects.
Select the desired project, and click Link Project.
Create a new Trimble Connect project and link the job to it
Click Add Project to Trimble Connect.
In the Add Users to Project dialog box, click the arrow buttons to move the users that participate in the project to the Included list.
Tekla EPM creates a Trimble Connect project with the same name and information as the current job.
In the Status dialog box, review the creation process of the Trimble Connect project.
A message appears, telling you that the project has been created successfully.
Click OK to close the message.
In Trimble Connect for Windows, press the Back button to exit the empty 3D view.
In the Explorer side pane on the left, click the Add File button.
In the Add Files dialog box, browse to find the IFC model.
Select the IFC model and click Open.
The IFC model is imported to Trimble Connect for Windows.
The estimating job and the Trimble Connect project are now linked.
Unlink an estimating job from Trimble Connect
- In the Select Estimating Job dialog box, select the job that you want to unlink.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, click Edit.
- In the Estimate Job Edit dialog box, click Link on the right side of the Trimble Connect Project field.
- In the Link Project to Trimble Connect dialog box, click Unlink project.
- To close the dialog box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right corner.
- In the Estimate Job Edit dialog box, click Save.