Define serial numbers for an inventory item
You can add serial numbers for a material item in the Inventory dialog box. Note that you can only add a serial number for items that have been marked as received, and are not on order.
- In the Inventory dialog box, click a material item to select it.
- On the right side of the dialog box, click Serial # under the Reference Number field.
In the Serial
Numbers dialog box, do one of the following:
- To assign a different serial number for each piece
of the material item, select the Serialized option.
If you use or plan to use bar codes, do not select the Serialized option. Using the Serialized option prevents displaying serial numbers in some reports.
- To use the same serial number for all pieces of the material item, select the Non-Serialized option.
- To assign a different serial number for each piece of the material item, select the Serialized option.
- Click Update.
- Click New to define a new serial number.
- Enter the serial number in the Serial # field.
Repeat steps 5 to 7 for each serial number that you want to create.If necessary, you can:
- Modify a serial number, and update it by clicking Save.
- Delete a serial number by clicking Delete, and then, clicking Yes to confirm.
- To close the dialog box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right corner.
The serial numbers appear under the Serial # button in the Inventory dialog box.