Troubleshooting Tekla Model Sharing
How do I troubleshoot Tekla Model Sharing issues?
What can you do on your own?
See Tekla Model Sharing checklist if you can't use Tekla Model Sharing.
Learn how to use Tekla Model Sharing with Tekla Model Sharing Product Guide and other related information in support articles.
Ask help from other users
Visit Tekla Forum to participate discussion on Tekla Model Sharing.
Let your local support team help you
Contact Tekla support to solve Tekla Model Sharing issues (use File > Help > Contact Tekla Support) and invite support to your shared model.
Identify the problem
Did you get an error message in Tekla Structures for example saying that you don't have an active license?
Can you see if there are any messages in Tekla Structures log that can point to the cause, for example:
- messages about account.tekla.com that are related to your user profile or Tekla Model Sharing license
- any timeout messages that indicate problems related to network connection
In case there are multiple users in your office, have they also faced some issues at the same time? If so, the cause might be your internet connection or some changes in your company network.
Check your internet connection
How to fix:
- Is it just your computer? Or some network device wifi/switch/router needing a reboot? Cables?
- Recent updates, new passwords?
- Secondary connection available? Phone with 3G/4G?
Tekla Model Sharing actions (Read in, Write out, and so on) require internet connection. In case you are missing the connection temporarily, you can continue working with the model locally and use the sharing functionality when the connection is restored.
Network settings, TCP ports, URLs and IP ranges needed for Tekla Model Sharing
In case that you see or suspect network connectivity related issues, such as timeout or DNS name resolving, in any log files or error messages, ask your company network administrator to review the TCP ports, URLs and IP ranges used by Tekla Model Sharing.
Check the Tekla Model Sharing Service status site
Tekla Sharing Service status site gives you the latest information about the status of Tekla Sharing Service and possible scheduled maintenance breaks.
Check your Tekla Online Profile
To use Tekla Model Sharing, you must have a valid Tekla Online Profile and a valid Trimble Identity.
- Sign in and see your Tekla Online Profile at https://account.tekla.com/account
- On the profile info page, check that you are connected to your organization, which should be visible under My Company.
- You need to get invited to your organization. Invitation can be done by your organization Tekla Account Administrator, see How to create your Tekla Identity.
- If you don't know who your Tekla Account Administrator is, contact your local support to find out.
Check your Model Sharing License
To use Tekla Model Sharing, you must have a valid Model Sharing License assigned to you by your organization Tekla Account Administrator.
- Start Tekla Structures and sign in with your Trimble Identity.
- Start sharing by clicking File > Sharing > Start sharing.
- If you don't have a Tekla Model Sharing license, you will see the 'No license to use model sharing' message.
How to fix:
In Tekla User Assistance, you can find product guides and support articles.
- Tekla Model Sharing Product Guide covers the concepts, prerequisites, licensing, how to use and limitations of Tekla Model Sharing
- Additionally, search for Tekla Model Sharing in Tekla User Assistance to find more support content.
Visit the Tekla Discussion Forum to participate discussion on Tekla Model Sharing.
- In Tekla Structures, click File > Help > Contact Tekla Support.
- select Model Sharing in the option list
- select the entire model folder
- attach additional log files
- Optionally, invite your local support to the shared model to investigate the issue.
For detailed steps, see Contact Tekla support to solve Model Sharing issues.