Manage the address book
Use the Address Book to define and manage the companies and contacts used in all Tekla EPM modules. We recommend that you set up the address book as early as possible, so that working in Tekla EPM becomes more fluent and efficient.
Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
On the menu, select Address Book.
The Address Book dialog box opens.
The main components of the Address Book dialog box are:
(1) The navigation tree: allows you to only view specific companies.
Click + to expand and select options in the navigation tree. When you select an option, only companies that match the selected option are displayed.
For example, you can expand Firm Type and select Supplier to only display suppliers.
(2) The firm type: tells Tekla EPM where the company information should be used.
For more information, see View firm types.
(3) Red cells: indicate companies that are over their assigned credit limit.
(4) The Properties button: allows you to view the current company properties and credit settings and modify them.
(5) The Contacts button: allows you to switch to a view where the contact persons of the companies are displayed.
Note that you can customize the layout of the Address Book dialog box. For more information, see Customize the layout of a dialog box.