Tekla Structures 2021 release notes
Welcome to Tekla Structures 2021!
Check the information below on the many new features and improvements in this version:
- New Tekla Structures subscription offering and start-up changes
- New Instructor side pane
- Improvements in DirectX rendering
- Batch editing of assemblies or cast units
- New clip planes: View depth clip planes
- New blind holes and improvements in bolt holes
- Reinforcement improvements
- Renewed shape catalog
- Improved reference model clash check
- Improvements in components
- Improvements in custom component handling
- Modeling improvements
- Improvements in Trimble Connect Visualizer
- Drawing layout improvements
- Dimensioning improvements
- Cloning improvements
- Other improvements in drawings
- Improvements in Tekla Model Sharing
- Improvements in Trimble Connector
- Updates in tools for automated precast fabrication
- Tekla Structural Designer import and export
- Exporting Tekla Structures models to Tekla EPM with Tekla EPM plug-in
- Other improvements in interoperability
- Updates in Template Editor, templates and reports
- Changes in advanced options
- Changes in template attributes
- Tekla Structures 2021 fix list
Follow the links below for information on new features, improvements and fixes made in each currently available service pack:
We suggest that you complete any unfinished models using your current version of Tekla Structures.
This version is not backwards compatible. When you create or save a model in Tekla Structures 2021, you cannot open it in older versions due to database differences.
Tekla Structures 2021 can only be installed on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
See the hardware recommendations for more information.
With on-premises licenses, Tekla Structures 2021 requires Tekla License Server 2017 or later. To check which license server version to use with your current Tekla Structures version, see Tekla license server 2020 hardware recommendations.
Administrator's release notes
Advanced users should read the Tekla Structures administrator's release notes for information on how to apply the additional customizations available in this release.
Localization release notes
Environment-specific changes are explained in the Localization release notes.
Tekla Open API release notes
The Tekla Open API release notes can be found in the Tekla Developer Center.