Create or modify a load group
You can create a load group by adding a new group or by modifying the default load group. You can modify any existing load group in the same way as the default load group.
Before you start, ensure that you have the appropriate load modeling code selected in Set the load modeling code.. See
- On the Analysis & design tab, click Load groups.
Load Groups dialog box, do one of the following:
Click Add to create a new load group.
Select the default load group from the list to modify it.
Select an existing load group from the list to modify it.
- Click the load group name to modify it.
- Click the load group type and select a type from the list.
- Click the load group direction to modify it.
To indicate compatibility with existing load groups:
- In the Compatible column, enter the number you have used for the load groups that are compatible with this load group.
- In the Incompatible column, enter the number you have used for the load groups that are incompatible with this load group.
Click the load group color and select a color from the list.
Tekla Structures uses this color when it shows the loads of this load group in the model views.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.