Import contacts to the address book
You can import contacts from your Microsoft Outlook address book or a Microsoft Excel worksheet to Tekla PowerFab.
Import contacts from Microsoft Outlook
Before you import contacts from Microsoft Outlook, verify that the contacts are listed with the companies in the manner that you want them to appear in Tekla PowerFab.
- In the Address Book dialog box, click the Address Book ribbon tab.
On the menu, select Import Outlook Contacts.
The Select Contacts to Import dialog box opens.
Tekla PowerFab reads the list of contacts in Microsoft Outlook, and the contacts appear on the Included side of the dialog box.
- In the lefthand pane, select the contacts folder from which you want to import contacts.
- If you want to include the contacts in the sub-folders of the selected folder, ensure that the Include Sub-Folder Contacts checkbox is selected.
- Click the arrow buttons to move the contacts that you want to import to the Included list.
- Click Save.
The selected Microsoft Outlook contacts are imported to the address book in Tekla PowerFab. The Import Outlook Contacts closes.
Import companies or contacts from Microsoft Excel
- Click the File ribbon tab in the upper-left corner of the Tekla PowerFab window.
- On the File menu, select Import.
- In the navigation tree on the left side of the Import dialog box, select Address Book.
- Below Address Book, select if you want to import companies (Firms) or contacts.
- Click the ... button.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to find the Microsoft Excel worksheet that you want to import, and select it.
- Double-click the file, or click Open.
To import the file, click
If the Microsoft Excel worksheet contains unnecessary fields, Tekla PowerFab asks you if the fields can be ignored in the import.
- To ignore the unnecessary fields, click Yes.
Tekla PowerFab imports the companies or contacts in the selected Microsoft Excel worksheet.
If any import errors occur, you can see the error details at the bottom of the Import dialog box. To see further details about errors in the import, click Open Import Log.