Create, modify, and delete methods for sending documents
In the Sent Via Maintenance dialog box, you can create, modify, and delete methods for sending documents. Sending methods allow you to mark how a document was sent to the recipient when you are creating transmittals. For example, documents can be sent via email, fax, or mail. You can also set the default method for sending documents.
To access the Sent Via Maintenance dialog box, do the following:
Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
On the menu, select .
Create a sending method
- Click New.
- Type a description for the sending method.
- Click Add.
Modify a sending method
- In the list, select the sending method that you want to modify.
- Modify the description according to your needs.
- Click Edit to save the changes.
Set the default sending method
The current default sending method is marked with an asterisk (*). Note that you can also select another sending method for each document that you send.
- In the list, select the sending method that you want to set as the default option.
- Click Set as Default.
- To confirm using the sending method as the default option, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
The selected sending method is set as the default option and marked with an asterisk (*).
Delete a sending method
Note that deleting a sending method is permanent and cannot be undone.
- In the list, select the sending method that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- To permanently delete the sending method, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.