Create a requisition
To create a new requisition where you can load and store material items, do the following:
- At the top of the Tekla EPM window, click the Purchasing button.
- In the Select Requisition/Purchase Order dialog box, ensure that you are on the Requisitions tab.
On the General tab of the Requisition Edit dialog box, do either of the following to define the requisition
- Type the desired requisition number in the Requisition # field.
- To use the next available number from a prefix as the requisition
number, type the desired prefix, double-click the Requisition
# field, and click Yes to confirm using the prefix.
For example, you can use a related job number as the prefix.
We recommend that you plan the numbering of requisitions carefully to help you organize the requisitions in the future. The requisition number cannot be changed later. All other requisition information can be modified later, if necessary.
Define the remaining
The properties marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory information.
Requisition Date *
The date of the requisition.Tekla EPM automatically uses the current date. To change the date, do one of the following:
Type the date in the Requisition Date field.
The acceptable formats are YYYY/MM/DD, YY/MM/DD, MM/DD/YYYY, and MM/DD/YY.
Click the arrow on the right side of the Requisition Date field and select a date in the calendar.
Any description of the requisition.
Type a description in the Description field.
The groups where the requisition belongs to.
Setting requisition groups for the requisition helps you to sort requisitions in the Select Requisition/Purchase Order dialog box.To set requisition groups, do one of the following:
Type new requisition group names in the Requisition Group fields.
Click the arrows on the right side of the Requisition Group fields, and select existing requisition groups in the lists.
Sets the auto-increment for item numbers in the requisition.
The auto-increment allows the items to be added in the list according to your needs, without having to renumber the other items in the requisition.
For example, if items should be numbered as 10, 20, 30, ..., the input increment should be set to 10. If the auto-increment of item numbers is not necessary, type 1 in the Item Increment field.
- On the Notes tab, type any notes about the requisition.
- Click the buttons at the bottom of the Requisition Edit dialog box to adjust the combining optimizations, suppliers, and input and display units.
- Click Save to create the requisition.
The Requisition Edit dialog box closes. The new requisition is added to the Select Requisition/Purchase Order dialog box.