Using the Commute feature to work remotely
Tekla Structural Designer 2020
Tekla Tedds Tekla Tedds for Word
How do I use the Commute funtion to allow me to work remotely?
The Commute function allows you to borrow a server license for up to 30 days. It will allow the user to work when disconnected from the network. The licenses will be returned as soon as the commute period has elapsed.
How do I check out licenses?
- Ensure that your machine is connected to your network and able to access the license server then launch Tedds. On the Help Tab of the Ribbon click the License Manager button to open the License Manager.
- Select the Commute page, then click Tedds at the top of the list of Tedds license features to select ALL of them (this will ensure you also commute the license feature for Tedds for Word).
- Once all the features are selected, Click Check Out and select the number of days to check out the license (the maximum number of days is 30).
- OK this - you should then see all the license features added to the Commuted Licenses box as shown in the picture below.
- You can use this same process to commute license for other Structural Design products such as Structural Designer. For more, see this specific guide for Commuting Tekla Structural Designer Licenses in TSD TUA.
How do I return the licenses?
- When you are back connected to the network and your license server, open the the License Manager from within Tedds as before and select the Commute page.
- Click the Tedds product title in the Commuted Licenses box to select all license components, then click Check In. You can repeat this process for any other programs you have commuted licenses for..