I get an error - The product activation key you have entered is not a local Computer Locked license product activation key - why?
I have just purchased a license (for example after completing a Tedds trial) and received my product activation key (PAK) but I am getting this error when trying to activate this. Why is this?
The product activation key you have entered is not a local Computer Locked license product activation key
SolutionWhen you purchase a license, by default you will be provided with a Server license, however a Tekla Tedds trial license for example is a local license. Alternatively you may not have realized you have receeived a server license for a new purchase and installed Tedds using the Local Computer locked license method. If so, in order to use your newly purchased license, you just need to do a few simple steps to reconfigure your machine.
- Login to your Tekla Online Profile or if you don't already have a profile Create a Tekla Online Profile.
- Please note: If you have to create a profile you will need to activate and login to proceed
- Download and install the Tekla Structural License Service on your license server
- If you don't have a dedicated server this can be the computer you had the trial on - see the Releated Article How do I Setup a Server License on a PC? for more on this.
- Launch the License Server Manager
- Activate your new license
- Change your System and User settings
- Check your License Server setting is pointing at your server or localhost if it's on the same PC
- Change the Tekla Tedds license Method to Server