I cannot launch Tedds when connecting over a VPN. What changes can I make to resolve this?
Tekla Tedds Tekla Tedds for Word
When I try to launch Tedds when connecting across a VPN, the License Manager launches instead, displaying errors. This issue does not occur when connecting over my local network. What changes can I make to resolve this?
AnswerWhen I attempt to use Tedds across a VPN, connection issues between the server and client machines may occur, preventing Tedds from launching.
A common cause of this can be the firewall on the server and/or the client machine(s) blocking the License Service and possibly Tedds/Structural Designer due to IP packet encryption across the VPN.
ExclusionsTo start with, create an exclusion on the server for the following file:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT\lservnt.exe
If the issue persist, create exclusions for the following files on the client machine.
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Tekla\Structural\Licensing\LicenseManager.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla\Structural\Tedds\Start.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla\Structural\Tedds\Tedds.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla\Structural\Tedds\TeddsCalc.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla\Structural\Tedds\LibraryAccessSystem.exe
- ‘Winword.exe’ (Microsoft Word) may need to be included if using Tedds for Word – the location of this file varies depending on the version of Microsoft Office installed
If you wish to create specific port rules then please be aware that the client machine communicates with the server using UDP ANY PORT which is received by the server on UDP PORT 5093.
From the server, traffic is sent from UDP PORT 5093 which is received by the client on UDP ANY PORT.