How to use Tekla PowerFab with a VPN
When you are working remotely, one option for connecting to the Tekla PowerFab database is using an established VPN connection. The quality of the VPN connection may affect the speed of Tekla PowerFab. To obtain the license, it may be necessary to split the VPN tunnel. For an explanation of what a split tunnel means, click here.
- Connect to the VPN and start Tekla PowerFab.
- When you are signing in to Tekla PowerFab, click Connection to view the connection settings.
- On the Database Connection tab in the Connections Settings dialog box, set the IP address to the Tekla PowerFab server IP address. Note that computer names do not always resolve over a VPN connection.
- To test the database connection, click Test Connection. If the connection to the Tekla PowerFab database works, the following message appears.
- Click OK to close the message.
- Click OK to close the Connection Settings dialog box.
- Sign in to Tekla PowerFab.