How to make a Tekla Structures model publicly available?
First, you need to upload your Tekla Structures model to Trimble Connect. Then you can create a public share link and even embed the viewer to a web page for public viewing access.
Create a public share link
- In Trimble Connect Web, go to your project.
- In the Data > Explorer locate the model file you want to share.
- Select the model file.
- In the right side panel, click the Share button. Image
- Share with Any users with the link. You can also set an expiration date for the link.
- Click Create links.
Now you have your public share link. You can give this link to others, and they can see your model via a web browser without signing in or installing anything. The link will look something like this: https://app21.connect.trimble.com/tc/api/2.0/s/GxCwWq4pH1Ibxtz51rd2L3LI2HPZpYWYXxp-9nkecX09-Wk9HhIMqjuqIuYQtizS
Note: A model made publicly available cannot be modified by others. Allow access to View Only to prevent others from downloading it.
Embed model view in a web page
- Embed your model in a Inline Frame Element into your web page, for example like this:
Now your web page contains an embedded view like the below one: