How do I resolve problems when installing or launching Tekla Tedds?
The majority of installation and setup issues can be resolved by simply making sure your computers operating system and software are up to date. If we are unable to replicate a problem the issue will almost certainly be related to your specific computer setup.
Please ensure that:
- Your system meets at least the minimum system requirements
- You have all the latest Windows updates installed. You can check by running ‘Windows Update’
- Your anti-virus software is up to date
- You have the latest version of Tekla Tedds installed, check Tekla Tedds in Tekla Downloads
- You have all the latest Tekla Tedds updates installed. Go to Help > Check For Updates from within Tekla Tedds or Tekla Tedds for Word.
- You have all the required dependencies installed:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013, 2015 & 2017 Redistributable (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013, 2015 & 2017 Redistributable (x64) - Windows 64-bit only
Tekla Tedds for Word
If you are having issues running Tekla Tedds for Word, please also ensure the following:
You have a supported version of Microsoft Office Word installed. See system requirements
Including the “Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)” feature. You can check by selecting Programs & Features and modifying the Microsoft Office installation
You have all the latest Microsoft Office Updates installed. You can check by running ‘Windows Update’
You have ‘Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime’ installed.
Note! If Microsoft Office opens but the Tekla Tedds Add-in does not load (possibly with error 287) then you should first check to see if the Tekla Tedds for Word Add-in has been disabled. See How do I resolve a 'Tedds Add-In Error (287)' in Tedds for Word?
Repairing your software
If you have verified that all the required software is installed and up to date but you are still experiencing a problem then please repair each of the following installation components. This can be done via ‘Control Panel > Programs & Features’ and you can check to see if the problem has been resolved after repairing each one in the order suggested:
Tekla Tedds 64-bit – Windows 64-bit only
Tekla Tedds Engineering Library
Tekla Structural License Service
Tekla Structural License Service 64-bit – Windows 64-bit only
Tekla Structural Update Service
Tekla Structural Update Service 64-bit – Windows 64-bit only
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013, 2015 & 2017 Redistributable (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013, 2015 & 2017 Redistributable (x64) – Windows 64-bit only
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime
If you need any assistance or if you are still having a problem after completing these checks, please Contact your Local Support Team.