How do I change the default location for saving documents?
Tedds and Tedds for Word
When you use the File Open and File Save As commands the dialogs used will start at the default storage location. If the location is not where you normally store your documents you can change the default location that Tedds uses.
To change the default document location:
- If you are using Tedds open the Tools menu and click Options...
If you are using Tedds for Word open the Tedds ribbon, click the More... button at the right side of the Ribbon and then click Options...
- In the box on the left of the Options dialog click Setup then click Calc Documents.
- Use the Browse... button to select your preferred storage location then click OK.
When using Word (without Tedds loaded) if you find that Word is using using your Tedds default storage location you can reset the location that Word uses. This setting is normally restored by Tedds for Word when you close the program however if Tedds for Word crashed the Word setting may not have been restored.
To change the default document storage location:
- Open Word
- Click the Office button to open the File menu.
- Click the Word Options button.
- Select the Save options page.
- Under the heading Save Documents, change the Default file location setting, use the Browse button to select your preferred storage location.