Hardware recommendations for running Tekla Structures on Citrix
Using Tekla Structures with the Citrix application and desktop virtualization is a flexible and safe way to quickly add users to Tekla Structures projects without locally installing Tekla Structures and copying project data to a user's computer.
- Citrix XenApp 7.6.
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 or VMware vSphere 6.0 hypervisor.
- Fast graphics card, NVIDIA GRID K520 or the newer NVIDIA Tesla GPUs
- 8 GB to16 GB of main memory for each user, depending on the usage.
- High-end CPUs, such as the latest generation of Intel Xeon E5 or E7 families.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system.
- At least 1 Mb/s network bandwidth.
Multiple concurrent clients may share one virtual machine instance. Each
TeklaStructures.exerunning on the virtual machine needs a valid license.
For more information, see Using Tekla Structures with application and desktop virtualization.
For detailed instructions on installing and setting up XenApp and XenDesktop, see the Citrix documentation.