General installation troubleshooting
I got an error message when trying to install Tekla Structures. My colleague was able to install Tekla Structures normally so I think the problem is related to my computer. Where I can find more information?
Tekla Structures installers use Windows Installer (MSI) technology.
- Make sure your computer meets Tekla Structures Hardware requirements.
- You need to have administrator rights on the computer when you install Tekla Structures.
- Check that your Tekla Structures download was complete.
Common advice when installing software:
- Make sure you hard disk drive is not full.
- Reboot your computer before installing.
- Do not start any additional software before the installation is finished.
- Make sure that no automated updates or installations are running at the same time.
- After installing reboot your computer if it prompts so. It is recommended to reboot even it is not always necessary.
To fix and investigate installer problems on your computer you can use the information and tools provided by Microsoft.
You can use this tool for fixing installation problems: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall
If you need to troubleshoot installation issue more, you will find the installation log file from Windows %TEMP% folder with a name starting with MSI and ending with .log.