END OF LIFE for older Tekla Structures versions in Tekla Model Sharing
Trimble wants to ensure that your model sharing data is safe and the software you use is compliant with the latest cyber-security standards. Some old Tekla Structures versions can no longer be kept up-to-date with the latest security standards and will no longer be able to connect to the Tekla Model Sharing service (including the on-premises server).
This means that the Tekla Model Sharing service can no longer be accessed using Tekla Structures versions 21.0, 21.1, 2016, and 2016i after 31 December 2022 as outlined in our end-of-life policy.
After this date, you cannot continue working on Tekla Model Sharing projects with these Tekla Structures versions. You may download the latest baseline through the Management Console for Tekla Model Sharing, but you can no longer read in or write out any packets to that model.
If you need to continue the project as a shared model, you need to update the model to a newer Tekla Structures version. The oldest supported version is Tekla Structures 2017 SP13, but we recommend that you use the newest possible version. The general process for the upgrade is as follows:
1. Download the baseline model.
2. Open the downloaded baseline in the newer Tekla Structures version.
3. Exclude the model from sharing.
4. Share the model again with the newer Tekla Structures version.
You can find the detailed instructions for completing these steps in this article: Instructions about moving to newer versions
Other changes relating to model sharing
- Sign-in changes for Trimble Identity affect also Tekla Model Sharing use. Update Tekla Structures versions 2017...2020 to a service pack which supports the new Trimble Identity by the end of the year 2021. The supported service packs are listed in the Sign-in changes in Tekla Structures article
- Use of insecure old versions of Transfer Layer Security (TLS) protocols are being widely prevented in the internet traffic. For Tekla Model sharing we will disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 traffic on 17 January 2022. This will affect some Tekla Model Sharing users on Tekla Structures versions older than 2019 or using the Windows 7 operating system. For more information, see Security update for Tekla Model Sharing.
- We plan to stop supporting the use of the Tekla Model Sharing service with Tekla Structures versions 2017 and 2017i at the end of 2023.
Recommendations about archiving Tekla Model Sharing projects: https://support.tekla.com/article/archiving-old-tekla-model-sharing-projects
Tekla Model Sharing end of life announcement: https://www.tekla.com/products/end-of-life