Contact Tekla support via the Support tool
The Support tool allows you to contact Tekla Structural Designer support directly. With this tool you can collect the model, related files, and other necessary information in one support request, and safely upload your request to Tekla support.
The Support tool:
- Automatically identifies the open active document and attaches it to your request.
- Automatically gathers application and system information.
- Uploads the problem description, attached file, and all other gathered information to Tekla Structural Designer support.
Create a support request
- The Support tool can be accessed via Tekla Structural Designer
- From File menu, click Help menu > Contact Support
- Log in using your Trimble Identity.
- The Support tool opens and automatically fills in user, application and Tekla Structural Designer version information. Support tool reads your name, email address, company name and support email address from your Trimble Identity profile.
- You can switch to another account by clicking Switch user.
- Select a category from the list of predefined categories that most closely describes the type or area where you are having the issue.
- Enter the problem description.
- Click Next.
- Select what you want to attach. The file name, file group, file size, and file location are mentioned for each file.
- Select the All check box, or select specific files from the Select the files list.
- If you want to send some attachments other than shown in the Select the files list, click the Add extra files button and browse for the files.
- Click Next.
- The Support tool creates the package and shows the total attachment size. You can also check application information and operating system information before finalising the support case creation.
- Click Create case to upload your case to Tekla Structural Designer support.
When the upload is complete, you will receive a notification to your email address. After a successful upload, an automatic confirmation message will be sent to you, and then Tekla Structural Designer support will start solving your case.